About the Globeys
Every year, Globaloria students participate in the Globey Awards, a game design competition that is the culmination of the year-long Globaloria program. The Globey Awards celebrate excellence in game design process and teamwork, and motivate students to dig deeper in their learning while developing real-world skills using industry-standard tools.
The Globeys are launched in the Fall semester with students working on their projects throughout the school year and submitting to the competition at the end of the Spring Semester. Students compete against others in their own geographic region. In 2014, there will be competitions in 5 states: California, Texas, New York, West Virginia and Wyoming. The winners are then selected by an expert panel of industry game designers and STEM innovators.
Read more about the Globeys below.
Congratulations to all of our finalists for the 2014 Globey Awards! Winners will be announced during the summer on July 30, 2014, and certificates and prizes, sponsored by our partners nationwide, will be awarded to the winning students.
Texas Finalists & Games:
- Barbara Reyes's "Save Me"
- Isaac Shephard's "All About the Solar System"
- Julissa Carbajal's "Tarzan
- Honorable Mention to Yamilet Perez's "Robot Invasion
West Virginia Finalists & Games:
- Team Pug Soup's (Alex Rodriguez)'s "Puny Pestilent Problematic Parasites"
- Team White Wall Bricks's (Dean Robinson and Katelin Snyder) "Endangered Animal Protection"
- Team Annoying Little Robot's (Spencer Sharp) "Into The Wild Blue Yonder"
- Honorable Mention to Team Britt's (Brittany Arbogast) "Classroom Adventures"
- David Burke's "Tommy The Triceratops"
- Will Painter's "Holocaust Escape"
- Jazman Crosen's "Stop Bullying"
- Honorable Mention to Abigail Bogg's "Chicken"
California Finalists & Games:
- Team Zungry's (Matthew Jackson, Michael Khoury and Calvin Martinez) "Maximum Mythology Massacre"
- Team Digital Hamburgers's (Dylan Jones, Oskar Attar and Ethan Moreland) "Graph City"
- Team The Adventure Timer's (Rebekah Ontiveros, Angelica Rivas and Carlo Jimenez) "Mitosis Diagnosis"
- Cecelia Duarte's "A Lifesaving Journey"
- Edward Rinaldo's "Quadratic Time"
- Ross Mathews's "Civilization"
New York Finalists & Games:
Rules and Regulations
Games that will be judged in the 2014 Globeys are Action Game (Game Design 1) and Team Game (Game Design 2).
Special recognition prizes will be awarded to beta testers of our new courses, 3D Game Design and Mobile Game Design.
|In order to be eligible for the 2014 Globeys, the following milestones must be completed:|
Action Game (Game Design 1)
Team Game (Game Design 2)
|Winners will be chosen based on:|
Winners and finalists will win cool prizes and receive certificates.
|• Alice Ching, Google||• Dan Norton, Filament Games||• Leslie Zane, The Tech Museum|
|• Amber Alvarez, BrainPOP||• Doug Rohde, Google||• Meghan Ventura, Games for Change|
|• Andrew Gardner, BrainPOP||• Emily Treat, Games for Change||• Michael Levine, Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop|
|• Angel Scott, SIIA CODiE Awards||• Gary Bolles, eParachute, Inc.||• Michael Angst, E-Line Media|
|• Anne Fertitta, AMD||• Greg Brown, Resource Area for Teaching||• Ni Lao, Google|
|• Anthony Negron, New York Hall of Science||• Hadi Patrovi, Code.org||• Peter Stidwill, Learning Games Network|
|• Ashley Alicea, IGDA Puerto Rico||• Jennifer Arguello, Kapor Center for Social Impact||• Robin Lewis, RESA I West Virginia|
|• Carrie Ray-Hill, iCivics||• Jenny Lai, ESA Foundation||• Scott Price, BrainPOP|
|• Chris Funk, East Side Union High School District||• Johann Nield, Sheridan County School District #1||• Scott Larner, Scholastic Art & Writing Awards|
|• Claire Erwin, Adobe Systems||• Kenny Spade, Microsoft||• Tobiah Marks, Microsoft|
More judges to be announced soon!
See Globey Award-winning games from past years.
Photos from the 2013 Globey Awards Ceremonies
Partners and Sponsors
Globaloria thanks our partners: